8th GEWEX Open Science Conference: Extremes and Water on the Edge

May 6 - 11, 2018 | Canmore, Alberta, Canada

Most people need a visa or an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) to travel to Canada, and this cannot be done on the same day of travel. Please check for details and see whether you need it here.

Some people may only need their valid passport. Visit the Government of Canada’s website at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/visas.asp to find out what you need to get to Canmore.

Visa application times can range from two to six weeks. You can check the estimated processing time for a visa from your country at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/index.asp. We recommend applying early, in the first weeks of March 2018, to make sure you can secure your visa. To help you apply for your visa, we issue visa application letters to approved conference attendees. When you are filling out your registration form, please select “yes” for the question on whether or not you would like to request a visa application letter.