Feb 6 - 10, 2017 | Sanya, China


The meeting has changed from the Sanya Center of the Institute of Remote Sensing of Digital Earth, Chinese Academy of Sciences, to the Palm Beach Resort and Spa.


Passports (valid for at least six months from you entry into China) and entry visas are required to visit China, except for those from Japan and Singapore if they stay for fewer than 15 days. Participants are advised to consult the nearest Chinese diplomatic mission for details. A single entry visa is valid for three months. Once in China, we recommend that participants carry their passports on them at all times. You should apply for your visa at least one month before your departure to China. The meeting hosts will send a formal invitation letter that participants can use to apply for a visa at the Chinese diplomatic mission indicated in the letter. To request a visa letter, please indicate this when you register for the meeting or send a request to We will send you a form to fill out that the local hosts will process. Alternatively, participants may ask their travel agents to arrange their travel to China and obtain a tourist visa. If participants have any difficulties in obtaining their visa, they should contact or the meeting hosts. Please note that this meeting is by invitation only, and you will not receive a visa letter unless you have been invited to attend.

Information for Palm Beach Resort and Spa

Guide card
103 Xincheng Rd, Tianya Qu, Sanya Shi, Hainan Sheng, China, 572000
Give the information on the blue card above to your taxi driver to get to the Palm Beach Resort and Spa.


The Sanya Phoenix International Airport (IATA code: SYX; ICAO code: ZJSY) is located in northwest of Sanya city.

Taxi services are available at Sanya Phoenix International Airport the whole day. After 23:00, taxi rates may be higher than during other times of day. Please do ask for the receipt from the driver. Most drivers can’t understand English, so write down your destination in Chinese beforehand.


In China, only the RMB is used. Exchange centers can be found at airports, most hotels, and large shopping centers. The exchange rate is set by the official rate (Bank of China). When exchanging money, please keep your receipt; it will allow you to change any remaining RMB back to other currencies when leaving China. VisaMasterAmerican ExpressDiners Club, and JCB are accepted in many department stores and hotels. Some ATMs may allow you to withdraw RMB on your credit card. The Bank of China and most hotels can cash travelers’ cheques issued by any foreign bank or financial institution. Participants will need to show a passport and pay a 0.75 percent commission. Travelers’ cheques signed over to a third party cannot be cashed in China, but can be presented for collection through the Bank of China.


The background photo by NASA’s Marshall Space Flight Center is used under the Creative Commons license.